November 05, 2007

The After-Math



Halloween is so great. The sugar, the excitement. The scares. I have some pretty sad memories of my dentist father taking our candy for a nickel a piece. We'd have enough cash to buy paper dolls at Sprouse Ritz the next day- what a thrill!

My kids get to eat their candy and share a lot of it with me, to make up for my missed childhood Halloween festivities. I mean how many times did I have to be that red haired genie? Plastic face, sheer tie-in-the-back outfit... you get the picture.

2 comments:

Bob and Julie said...

Ohhh...you guys look like you had so much fun!! I love the semi-scary scarecrow. I wish I could have had a nickle for each piece of candy when I was younger. Maybe I wouldn't be so addicted to sugar now! Oh well...enjoy the bounty!!

Kelly said...

Thanks Julie. We did have some fun. I appreciate your comments. Makes me feel like I am actually blogging for someone.