April 01, 2009

Lost and Found


Reminder:  I am a 40 year old woman who has given birth 5 times.... now proceed reading without judgment.




Today I...

Lost: My two year old at the babysitter's.
Found: A new blue bathing suit to wear at the beach over spring break. 
Lost: Part of my feminine pride in the bathing suit selection process.
Found:  I don't prefer mirrors that show both front and back views of me trying on swimsuits.
Lost:  A huge chunk of change when buying this "Miracle Suit".
Found: A suit cover-up to go along with the new blue suit.
Lost: 10 lbs in 10 seconds as promised on the tag of the new blue suit.
Found:  A larger amount of back fat than I ever knew existed before today : (
Lost: My will to go on for a few brief moments...
Found:  A determination to start working out again!
Lost:  My appetite for the Cheesecake Factory lunch I had been thinking about.
Found: Celery for lunch today in the fridge.
Lost: My youth and beauty somewhere in the last 17 years.
Found:  A very large attractive woman coming in the store and I was heading out.
Lost: My bad attitude and said to myself 'beauty comes in all shapes and sizes'.
Found: A friend in the rear view mirror on the way home.

6 comments:

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Kelly, this is a wonderful post! I can completely relate to all of it! (except the five kids part! wow!)

You should submit this somewhere! It's awesome!

Kristina P. said...

I will not try on bathing suits in the store! I would rather return it than try it on there. You are a brave woman!

Kelly said...

Perhaps if I had a snuggie I could wear to the beach that would make everything alright : )

Melinda said...

Aw, I just love you.

Melody said...

This is hilarious, Kelly. I totally understand -- and I only have two kids! I just came back from a trip, and when I saw all the pictures I'm like, "Yeah, time for a diet." Depressing.

literaqueen said...

I only buy swimsuits from Land's End so I can avoid trying them on at the store. Granted, I have to swallow my pride and measure myself accurately, but it beats the whole mirror in the dressing room thing.