August 22, 2013

Above Average

Hey, it's me!
Yes I am still here.  I find I have not made the time for blogging like I used to.  Oh well, I guess the blog bug that had once bit me so badly has let me go.  I still love to read over the past entries though so I should probably keep it going for the sake of history.  I recently found several blogs of the people serving in my oldest son's district at the MTC (missionary training center).  I felt they were so lucky to have sons who like to write.  While Big Boy is many great things, he is not a great writer (yet).  In fact I had to gather tid bits of information from a letter written to a friend of his in order to have enough substantial stuff to post on his latest entry on his mission blog.  Funny how nice and suavely informative he can be with persons of the female persuasion.  Yet when he writes to me he tells me to write less and stop using the nicknames that I found so hilarious.

My Dad tells me to be more patient with him.  He's probably right.  Then he told me what I was like at that age.  I'm certain he's wrong there ; )

So what else is going down... My kids are ready for school to start and so am I.  Part of me will miss them when the crickets start chirping at home.  Part of me will be glad that the house is less messy and that I can take an uninterrupted nap/shower/potty break.  Big Girl and Little Girl found out what teachers they will have this year and a few tears were shed as we found out that their most beloved friends are all (ALL) in the other class.  What is up with that?!  I see it as a new opportunity to make new friends but at this stage (5th grade) the choices for really nice girls are slimming.  They all start acting snotty a bit sooner than they should it would seem.   Big girl also has a cold starting... blah. We will survive.

Little Boy is starting his first year on the cross country team at Sherwood High.  He had a two mile time trial today and clocked in at 15min 33 seconds.  He was proud of himself.  His older brother has decided not to run on the team this year and is going to have to find an after school job instead.  He needs to save for his mission.  I wish he would run but you can only lead a horse to water so many seasons.

So that's the new from our Lake Wobegone, where the women are strong the men are good looking and all the children are above average.

Kelly


No comments: