January 18, 2008

Crazy Quilt




I know why they called this a crazy quilt now. Because I just may have been crazy for attempting to make it for a Christmas gift for my awesome mother in law. It was way too late in the season when I started it for one thing. (Had the fabric since July-chose December to get it done), and it was a first attempt at such a thing for me- I know, crazy! I have been a sewer since 7th grade (how can a girl who grew up in Utah valley, get through the public school system, and not learn how to sew?). But a quilt is a precise and sometimes (as I found out) tricky business. Here are some pictures of Gma T with her gift- I thought I'd throw one in of Grandpa here since he looks so thrilled to be holding it up. Now that it's over I kinda miss my midnight project. The back ache is still with me however. I guess my next obsessive fix is Big GIrl's 5th birthday party. It's a Cinderella theme and promises to be quite fabulous!

3 comments:

Bob and Julie said...

HOLY COW....that is AMAZING!!! How in the world do you even start a quilt like that?? The instructions must be mind boggling. Just looking at it I'm going CRAZY....still trying to figure it out!! :) You are so talented in sooo many areas. Thanks for posting a picture of your quilt. I'm still in Awe!!

Kelly said...

You are too too kind Julie. To be fair I should divulge that I paid someone to do the actual quilting and binding. I just pieced it together. That was plenty of work for me. Troy did have to help with the 'shuffling' part, as the instructions were a lot for my poor brain, and he is a super star when it comes to deep thinkin...

Melinda said...

The quilt is beautiful. What a terrific gift!