July 24, 2009

A Funny Mom

I know braggie title right?  I am not the funniest person in the world, but it has been written in my yearbook before.  "You are so funny!"  plus the usual stay cutes and cools.  Today I overheard my 12 year old talking to his cell phone buddy and it only re-confirmed to me that indeed, I am kinda funny.  You be the judge. 

(An aside here:Middle Boy (age 12) has had a new hand-me-down cell phone for a week now.  His older brother had to wait until he was 14 and in high school.  Life is so unfair right?  Middle Boy is quite lucky.  My cell phone died since I chose to save the baby instead of the phone at the kiddie pool the other day.  T also got the new iphone and we did the pass down the phone thing with T, myself, Big Boy and Middle Boy.  What can I say?  Right place, right time with respect to the cell phones and the baby in the kiddie pool).  Now back to the story....  

Anyways,  he was telling about how he threw up today at his advanced math class.  We call it advanced, really it's supplemental, but it's good for his ego.  And also funny!  At least in our family circle.  He told his friend of a time when he was being greedy with his gummy worms and would not share with his brother, Big Boy.  Then later when he threw up his half chewed gummy worms that his mom said to Big Boy.  "Hey, you want some of his gummy worms now?"  Funny!  I don't even really recall saying that, but it sounds about right.

I remember when Big Boy was an infant and I was in a student ward relief society presidency.  The secretary found me hilarious.  She told me one night after a long presidency meeting where we mostly visited and laughed that my kids were so lucky because I was going to be a really fun Mom someday (due to funniness).  I wonder if they'd agree.  When I overheard the gummy worm story today, I kinda think I'd have to say, funnily enough, yes.


5 comments:

ShanaM said...

Regurgiatated gummy worms. yum
That is funny!!

Melody said...

It's true, you're hilarious! And yes, your kids are dang lucky to have you.

Dallas said...

That was oddly gross but funny! I agree that you are one of the most "clever/funny" people I know. I personaly agree with Melody that your kids are dang lucky to have you!

Kelly said...

I was beginning to worry there....

Thanks guys : )

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I think you have a terrific sense of humor! You are witty! That's why I love ya!