February 19, 2008

Fabulous Party

Big GIrl turned 5 on Feb 13th. She had a 'friend party' that was quite the event of the season. It was Cinderella-themed, and we had the party girls pretend to be Cinderella by cleaning our house with various items. Duster, brooms, etc. When behold a knock at the door revealed a scroll with an invitation to a ball that 'every young maiden' was to attend. We made crepe paper gowns, presented princesses, danced to live violin and clarinet music provided by our brotherly band trio (Big Middle and Little Boy). We presented awards for best curtsy, best jewels, best twirler, etc. We then ran for the kitchen at the strike of midnight losing our slippers. We had a castle pinata, castle cake, and (non castle) presents. Then our slippers were found at the top of the stairs with crowns inside them (sugar cookies). It all happened within the 1.5 hours alloted and I wasn't even too wiped out at the end. We only had one princess who refused to participate in everything planned, but was fine to blow bubbles in the kitchen and watch the dancing from the couch. I'm glad it's over, but I find I need another project to keep me going. Perhaps my next focus will be on planning my trip to Morrocco in April or researching schools in the next place we will move to. If only we knew that bit of information- that would be nice! As usual the Army likes to make us wait and wait for our dreams to come true. Somewhat like Cinderella (sigh)...






3 comments:

Melinda said...

What a fun party! We've had our share of "princess" parties, too.

Kelly said...

Thanks Melinda. That means a lot coming from the master.
KT

Bob and Julie said...

This looked like it was a great party!! You are so creative. I wish I could have been invited! :) I can see why Nathan was worried about his birthday being outdone - ha!