August 14, 2009

Feeling Wicked


When I was a young mother I worked part time as a Dental Hygienist. One day when I came to pick up my young boy at the babysitters after work he and my friend's boy had been playing a newly invented game called 'wicked.' This game consisted of 2 four year olds running around with forks singing loudly "Time for wicked WICKED!" Fun times! Wicked has been mentioned over the years. The wicked chant has been sung on occasion. So you can understand how I could not resist sending my now 15 year old boy a text this evening at curtain time... "Time for Wicked WICKED!!" I sent. There was no reply. He doesn't find me as hilarious as I find myself I guess.

The show was just as fantastic as we had been told. No exaggerations here folks. I was moved to tears over their talents. I leapt to my feet at the end and clapped until my hands hurt. If you ever get a chance. Please go! We have tickets to West Side Story and I hope to get some to Billy Elliot but the chances are slim there according to the guy in times square today.

T and I had a most pleasurable day today. We walked and talked without interruption. That is if you don't count the 32 people on the street who tried to sell us tickets to a comedy show with the ever popular line of "Do you like comedy?" Psst...if you answer yes the next line is "want to buy tickets to a comedy show?" It made me laugh each time! We also ate great food and took a nap. All in a good days vacation friends!

Then big news (and I probably should have led with this-sorry) but we came THIS CLOSE to Glen Close. I over heard her say she had a 9:30 am meeting. T thinks she said 8:30. It's an ongoing debate. And now I am stuck trying to remember the movie she was in with Michael Douglas.... Where she played the crazy girlfriend! Argh! Oh well- Glen, if you read this could you call the Belvedere Hotel and leave word for me? Thanks!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm sorry you missed Glen Close. Bummer!

c a n d a c e said...

I loved Wicked too!!! Aren't you in LOVE with the main characters? Defying Gravity is my theme/life song. Love ya Aunt Kelly!

P.S. I think you're funny and I will always "KEEP SINGING!!!"

CSIowa said...

Fatal Attraction. I think that was the last rated R movie I ever watched, except for Dangerous Liaisons which I watched for a class. I am not a fan of feeling terrified.

I'm so glad you're having a grand time! Keep it up!

literaqueen said...

Oh, I want to have time (and money) to see all the Broadway shows I want. I was in New York a couple of years ago for a conference, but it was during a big theatre strike, so my roomie and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art instead.